What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services of the information society. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his team and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treat the data obtained can be distinguished two types:
• Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a managed computer or domain
by the editor himself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
• Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not
managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which can be:
• Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are
usually used to store information for or the provision of the servicerequested by the user only once (e.g. a list of products purchased).
• Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a
period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
• Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing,
store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
• Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
• Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in measuring the activity of websites, application or platform and for profiling of navigation of the users of those sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
• Advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
• Behavioral advertising cookies: store information on user behavior obtained from
through the continuous observation of your browsing habits, which allows you to develop a specific profile
to show advertising based on it.
• External social network cookies: they are used so that visitors can interact with the content of
different social platforms (facebook, youtube, twitter, linkedIn, etc.) and that are generated only for
the users of these social networks. The conditions of use of these cookies and the information collected
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. When you disable cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu.
You can also consult the Help menu of the browser where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he wants to work on this website.
Here you have information on how to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options:
• Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge:
• Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
• Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
• Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following
• Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
• Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used at www.laurafreire.com
Next, the cookies that are being used in this portal are identified as well as their type and function:
_ga: persistent cookie, which collects statistical data on the use of the website. Google Analytics
_gat: persistent cookie, which limits the percentage of requests and the rate of requests. Google Analytics
_gid: persistent cookie, which collects statistical data on the use of the website. Google Analytics
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
Given this information it is possible:
• Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the
• Learn more. You can get more information about what cookies are, know the Policy of
www.laurafreire.com cookies and modify your browser settings.